The following personal items are encouraged:
- 3 changes of washable clothes, sleepwear and undergarments – no drawstrings
- Socks or shoes that do not have laces. Temporary slipper socks will be provided if needed.
- A sweater or sweatshirt if desired. These cannot have hoods or strings.
- Eyeglasses or hearing aids if required.
- Toiletries (see exclusions below) but are also provided.
We have laundry rooms, and patients are responsible for taking care of their personal laundry.
The following miscellaneous items are permitted:
- Soft covered books, magazines and other reading materials – no staples
- Cards and Letters
For safety and therapeutic reasons the following items are NOT PERMITTED:
- Aerosol containers (deodorant, hairspray, shaving cream, or perfume cologne)
- Belts or ropes
- Blankets, pillows, or stuffed animals brought from home for infection control purposes
- Cell phones and electronics, including laptops, tablets, iPods, electronic toothbrushes
- Cigarettes, tobacco, lighters, e-cigarettes or e-cigarette paraphernalia
- Clothing with drawstrings/hoods
- Coat hangers
- Hairdryers or hair straighteners
- High heeled shoes
- Makeup containers w/ glass or mirrors
- Mouthwash or any personal hygiene items containing alcohol
- Nail polish
- Outside food or drinks
- Pocket knives
- Provocative clothing
- Spiral bound notebooks
- Underwire bras
- Weapons – guns, knives, etc
We discourage bringing items of value, and we are not responsible for lost or broken items.