Welcome to the Partial Hospitalization Program at Northwest Behavioral Health for adults and adolescents (12-17 years of age) who have increased symptoms, behavioral disturbances or other conditions negatively impacting mental and behavioral function in their daily lives without requiring around-the-clock psychiatric care. Individuals cannot be acutely suicidal or homicidal to attend this program.
The purpose of PHP is to evaluate and treat psychiatric concerns and/or to help prevent relapse or the need for hospitalization. This level of psychiatric care functions as an alternative to inpatient care, as transitional care following an inpatient stay, in lieu of continued hospitalization, as a step-down service or when the severity of symptoms is such that success in a less acute level of care is tenuous.
The goal of PHP is to help identify strategies adults and adolescents can use to cope with the challenges they face.
- Intensive treatment and skill building allows individuals to learn from others and gain support
- Medication adherence and education
- Increase use of healthy coping skills
- Improve relationships
- Learn to manage anger and stress
- Decrease self-harming behaviors
- Increase positive sense of self
- Improve communication skills
- Improve ability to live in the community
- Rediscover positive patterns of thinking and living
A Specialized Team
Our Partial Hospitalization Program includes a multidisciplinary, clinical team of specialists: the program’s psychiatrist, psychiatric nurse practitioners, licensed professional counselors and licensed clinical social workers. Members of this team meet with the individual to assess their needs. A licensed therapist is assigned to take the lead on the individual’s care, with support from the clinical team. The care provided is customized to meet the individual’s specific needs, as are resources to foster a lasting recovery.
- Individuals meet in group therapy for four hours each session Monday through Friday. Successful graduates from the program complete between eight and 12 weeks.
- This format, which includes Process Group, Psycho-education and medication management by a psychiatrist or psychiatric nurse practitioner, provides a more concentrated level of care in comparison to traditional outpatient programs.
- Therapeutic topics include skills learning, emotional processing, activity therapy and expressive therapies. Services take place in a group setting to allow individuals to learn from others, gain support and accomplish their recovery goals.
- Individual and/or family therapy is also available and highly encouraged.
- For individuals who complete the program, aftercare support is available through weekly meetings at no charge.
With our Partial Hospitalization Program, you can expect:
- To feel safe and respected
- To be provided with active treatment including medication management
- To learn new and improved coping skills
- To develop a new sense of understanding about your mental health needs